Blue Microphones YETI

All user reviews for the Blue Microphones YETI

( 4.5/5 based on 5 reviews )
2 reviews
2 reviews
  • The best microphone

Blue Microphones YETIPublished on 01/02/19 at 03:02
    Hey!

I have found a good microphone that is very comfortable for me.
    The name of the microphone is : Blue Yeti
    It can be used for Podcasts, Gaming but I also use it for singing.
    I have spent over $1,000 fruitlessly on microphones from Samson, Phillips SpeechMike, Plantronics, and many others.
    NONE of them are consistent.
    You plug your headphones directly into the mic.
    The mic seems to be built very well and the sound quality also seems very good.
    Its definitely worth the money!
    If you want to order you can order here :

If any problems or questions you can always message me!
    Kind Regards.

...
    Hey!

I have found a good microphone that is very comfortable for me.
    The name of the microphone is : Blue Yeti
    It can be used for Podcasts, Gaming but I also use it for singing.
    NONE of them are consistent.
    You plug your headphones directly into the mic.
    The mic seems to be built very well and the sound quality also seems very good.
    Its definitely worth the money!
    If you want to order you can order here :

If any problems or questions you can always message me!
    Kind Regards.

• Good deal, easy to use, has limitations

Blue Microphones YETIPublished on 11/25/16 at 11:06
    Everyone's first USB mic I guess, easy to use for podcasting, skype and gaming. Audio quality is rich and powerful with a nice proximity effect if you choose.
    Serious podcasters still use it with great results, that requires good mic technique and some treatment to the room.
    Pros are rich tone, ease of use and low cost.
    Cons are significant. Mic is super sensitive to background sounds. Mic is well built but has weak points specifically jacks for USB connector.
    I still have mine and use it once in a while for its rich tone.
    Pros are rich tone, ease of use and low cost.
    I still have mine and use it once in a while for its rich tone.
    BEWARE: The shock mount is 100% useless and will break immediately on set up, this is a well documented defect. Supposedly the newest version corrects for this, but they are still outrageously expensive, big and heavy. There are finally some aftermarket models that are cheap and work well.
  • Blue Microphones YETIPublished on 07/21/13 at 13:10
    The mic is cardioid, stereo, omni, and figure-8. Due to its versatility, it can be used to record vocals or instruments and even for post-production (overdubs, sound effects) and broadcasting (podcasts, interviews).

I've had the mic for a little over a week. Before this Blue USB mic I had an Apex440. What bothered me about it is that it didn't have a high enough signal-to-noise ratio nor the right sensitivity to capture my voice. So I had to incessantly increase the volume recorded and then reduce the background noise, otherwise it would've been very unpleasant for my viewers on Youtube. I saw the "Blue Yeti microphone," which was recommended several times on Youtube by major video game Youtubers, so I went for it. What I like best about it is its very good sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio to record my voice when I'm commenting my videos because I don't have to adjust the gain on the mic (gain set to zero). The only downside is that if you are a hard-rock or metal singer in a room with lots of reverb, this mic isn't for you. Otherwise I recommend it without hesitation and I would definitely buy it again if I have a second life!
  • You will need to boost some frequencies

Blue Microphones YETIPublished on 11/13/12 at 23:10
    The Yeti is a USB microphone (condenser) that has a cardioids, bidirectional, and omnidirectional switchable modes. You can use this microphone with any computer that has a USB 2.0 port which is just about any computer made within the last 10 years. Being that it is a USB microphone the quality is not as good as some other microphones but it is decent for quick and on the go purposes. You can pull this microphone out no matter where you are and start recording, change the polar pattern to suit your needs and you will be set.

It sounds very good with vocals, you will need to do some small boosting and cutting back of certain frequencies though to get the best possible sound. Recording instruments with it didn’t work for, I not like the way it sounded with a trumpet or guitar but that is ok because it is so affordable that you cannot expect to get everything.
    The Yeti also has a built in headphone output, it is great for not only recording music but for recording a at home radio show or podcast. I think it sounds better when not singing and just talking. There are no low cut filters on this USB microphone though, but with a solid frequency response range you will have all of the warmth and room in your recordings that you need and then you can EQ it later on.
    The Yeti is also very durable, which I did not expect for a microphone in this price range. If you need a microphone that you can just throw in your laptop bag and plug it right into your computer cutting out the interface then this is the way to go. It will save you time, money, and keep your setup pretty light because you don’t need a interface for it to work. It is truly plug and play!
  • Blue Microphones YETIPublished on 03/13/10 at 16:44
    Dynamic mic (4 positions: stereo, cardioid, omni, and figure-8), very versatile.

I've had it for a week and I'm amazed by the quality of live recordings (vocals-guitar). To be honest, given its price, it's the best investment I've made in ages.

The only con is that you'd better have a laptop to use this type of USB mic, since you need a really quiet room to avoid a huge reverb, given the high sensitivity of the mic (so, if you only have a huge desktop computer in a tiled room with a bay window: Forget it).