sE Electronics USB2200a
sE Electronics USB2200a
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/05/08 à 05:31
(Originally written by fabamarie/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
USB and XLR mic, with headphone output and monitoring level control. Plug and play in USB mode.

Sold in a cardboard box without carrying case but with a low-quality suspension mount.

I've been using it for one year. It's very convenient for demos. The sound quality is quite good. I use it sometimes to record guitars. The main advantage is that you don't need a mic preamp: just plug and record! Always handy and very convenient for mobile applications (you can take it anywhere with a notebook).

I use it with Cubase and the asio4all driver I downloaded form the web.

The gain setting has to be adjusted in the computer otherwise if the monitoring signal is too loud you get mic bleed. It was a big problem for me because it was impossible to record with a metronome, so I bought a headphone preamp to solve the problem.

I've owned it for over one year. The suspension mount is already broken but it has a 2-year warranty so I'll get a replace from the manufacturer.

One month later: I already have the suspension mount replacement.

It's a quite good mic with a nice proximity effect both to record vocals and guitars. For demanding applications, buy a real vocal mic.

Average reliability and toy-like tin buttons.

This mic is quite expensive and I think new products with XLR to USB converters are more interesting. It helped me do a lot of recordings but still the price is too high.