Custom77 Surfin Bird
Custom77 Surfin Bird
Jlhjlh Jlhjlh
Publié le 09/10/08 à 00:25
- 3-piece mahogany neck (mahogany)
- Mahogany body (mahogany)
- In neck
- Profile handle "C" (late 60's)
- Rosewood fingerboard (rosewood)
- Kluson Tuners type
- Tune-O-Matic
- Rope through-
- Frets thin and wide (2.7mm)
- Weight: around 3.2kg
- 2 Alnico humbuckers "Modern77"
- 2 volumes, 1 tone
No complaints on that side the gear air to hold water and finish are impeccable ... Only the mechanical make me a little scared (but hey, it will change!)

Apropos of mechanical and after several intensive use:
Once the handle to include pulling the strings (11-52 instead of 9-46) and the new tuning in D it is found that the guitar is the agreement to death ... Even repeated or I attack like a savage, I just need to retune the beautiful once!

A vacuum: it must be recognized that the guitar sounds good ... Good sustain, crystal clear sound ... We feel the body and set neck mahogany! Yet the guitar is slight (certainly much more than a Les Paul).

The handle is almost immediate, it took me an hour or two to get used to it. Rather flat, a bit wide, it seems more built for heavy rhythm and for the shred (quoique. ..) When access to acute, no need to add is a flying V what! I do not see how the treble could be more accessible!

The interface is pretty good standing (the handle slumps only if we play very low playing up) by sitting against, it's a catastrophe (have to pinch the tip between the legs = not practical) but not the point either ...

I tried it on a Fender Vibrolux (tube amp) with a Blackstar HT DistX, and Marshall Microcube a transistor (with the big DistX)

A vacuum: it must be recognized that the guitar sounds good ... Good sustain, crystal clear sound ... The interface is pretty good standing (the handle pitches down only if you play low) by sitting against, it's a catastrophe (have to pinch the tip between the legs = not practical) but not the non more ...

In the clear: The micro lens is sharp but not too aggressive treble are well measured (although I must admit that I use little). The microphone is a serious desire to smooth and super bluesy. The middle posistion provides a well balanced, ideal for Arpeggios (with chorus and some delay, we believe it)

In the crunch: we feel that this is its first use! the microphone is keen to die, hyper lead / blues, micro grave is made perfect: a crunch of madness!

With distortion: The sharp micro responds to the attack immediately giving her a super nervous and tense at will, the cash to death the distortion and harmonics come out by themselves: a real treat. The microphone is a bit more serious stifled, if its use rhythm leaves something to be desired, its use in lead is perfect: big big sound!

PS: I tried it on a Marshall JCM 800 with Blackstar and the sound is just huge! The clear sound serious or intermediate micro smooth as desired, the sound pickup is sharp and clear. With distortion is simply the Apocalypse harmonics out all alone, the sound is fat, while remaining perfectly defined and the guitar is doing as well in the large rock that burn in the large metal that hurts .. .

I did that for several days but early tests are only conclusive!

I tried an Epiphone V Fling and frankly there's no photo, the model of the buried Custom 77 Epiphone pickups thanks to its mind-blowing for its price range ... I tried (very quickly) a Gibson finishes are much better on the U.S. and I'm not that way for a guitarist, the difference in sound is so obvious ...

The price / quality ratio is obviously amazing! Also I bought my guitar directly to the guys at Custom 77 and kindness is matched only by their competence! I just regret not having bought two!