Gibson Zakk Wylde ZV Buzzsaw
The Gibson Custom Shop has announced the release of the Zakk Wylde ZV Buzzsaw, a limited edition signature guitar in the brand's "Inspired By" series.
A hybrid between two of Gibson's classics (the SG and Flying-V), the Zakk Wylde ZV Buzzsaw features dual EMG 81 & 85 active humbucking pickups in the bridge and neck positions, dual Volume controls and a master Tone as well as a Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and V tailpiece with through-body stringing so as to provide enhanced sustain and resonance.
The solid-mahogany body is finished in ebony with an orange “buzzsaw” graphic, while the glued-in three-piece maple neck carries a 22-fret ebony fingerboard with Custom-grade pearl block inlays and Les Paul Custom-styled headstock veneer.
- Solid mahogany body
- Ebony finish with orange buzzsaw motif, ebony back finish
- Body dimensions of 19" (wide) x 24 1/2" (long) x 1 5/8" (thick)
- Black hardware
- V-shaped tail plate with Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge
- 24 3/4" scale three-piece maple neck with rounded profile and plain oiled finish
- Single-bound ebony fingerboard with pearl block inlays
- 22 jumbo frets
- 1 11/16" nut width
- Les Paul Custom headstock shape and veneer
- Black Grover kidney button tuners
- EMG 81 & EMG 85 active pickups
- Two Volume controls, single Tone, three-way switch
- Pure nickel-wound Gibson Vintage Reissue .010 strings
No MSRP announced as of yet, but if this is any indication only 50 of these limited-edition guitars will be available worldwide.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Fishman Starts Shipping its SoloAmp Fishman has announced the availability of its SoloAmp all-in-one amplification system.
- Moog Guitar Shipping Less than three months after its auspicious debut at Summer NAMM in Nashville, Moog Music has begun shipping The Moog Guitar to enthusiastic recipients on five continents.
- Vox Announces VT Series Amps Vox Amps is about to expand its line of Valvetronix tube-powered modeling amplifiers with the introduction of the new VT Series.