Gibson Melody Maker Explorer
Gibson Melody Maker Explorer

V/XPL/FB Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the Explorer series.

ericpenot ericpenot

«  mini explore a perfect customize »

Publié le 04/02/14 à 22:00
Made in Indonesia, but apparently can be in China.
A small guitar very nice, not very expensive: 560 euros to buy, I bought 120 euros on the net with the desire to customize it to have a low weight explore.
Maple body, mechanical Kluson average quality maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, nice neck to play, low action, very simple but effective bridge.
original micro changed by Jackson to buy so I can not prononoer me on the original micro: anyway a board change
One microphone at the start: a small skyscraper scene of very nice you bine over. Sub Gibson, Epiphone like, but when it's done bine, which is the case, it's worth it.
Channel 22 frets gibson SG guy.
1 tone and 1 volume; it's enough for a microphone, like 2 or 3 elsewhere.
I am a follower of a single volume for all and a single tone

Super nice handle end, not catchy vernisn
excellent ergonomics will light guitar
Excellent access to acute
Fimition very correct, simple but good.
I do not know if the series is homogeneous or not. A check (as always all ways).

I customized mine: stoned for 3 pickups!
Neck pickup: humbucker Bill Lawrence L 90 Twin Blade
Middle Pickup: Quad rail humbucker BF
Pickup: Humbucker Jacson 1990 USA

no toggle switch but 3 small, 1 by microphones, microphones for mélnger.

blues rock pop her sweet kind jazzy clear with bill lawrence
its fat bluezsy a wish.
used with a Laney 30 watt lamps

I do not know the original microphone mas but from the one who sold me the guitar, not terrible ...

I have bought used since 2012, it dates from 2007: it ages well apparently.
I have purchased the form explore and also to have a guitar scene that not break my back.
Super écuipée with good mics, it sounds good and plays very nicely.
A 120 euros on net okaz great deal and good value for money. If the new purchase price, 560 euros, you can find better and cheaper by Hamer and Ibanez exempel or custom 77.
I think the guitar was made in a limited number of expemlaires,'m not sure she is still on sale in 2014.