Gibson Sammy Hagar Signature Explorer
Gibson Sammy Hagar Signature Explorer

V/XPL/FB Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the Explorer series.

free.55 free.55

«  Good but expensive scratch »

Published on 09/06/12 at 10:06
Gibson Reissue of the 1958 signing explore Sammy Hagar / Chickenfoot.

In which country was it made? (USA, Japan, Mexico, France ...)?

Guitar made in the USA with his white wig inside box made in Canada.

How many frets, what kind of micro as well as their configuration?

It has 22 frets and is equipped with a micro Burstbucker 3 in the bridge and a classic 57 'in the neck position while finishing zebra.

What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)?

Easel type tune o matic with stop bar chrome zamak and brand.

What are the settings (volume, tone, micro switch ...)?

Two volume, one tone knob and a three-position selector.

What kind of stick?

Mahogany neck glued 60s D-type with rosewood fingerboard.

For the body:

Finish "Red Rocker" and nitro lacquer with cream binding. I believe it is in three parts.

The handle is it enjoyable? Access to acute (recent freight) is it easy?

The neck is super nice, access to acute is the finger in the nose.

Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?
Ergonomics is correct, it is fun to play both sitting and standing, but I recommend a strap wide enough as it weighs when some weight!

Gets it easy to sound good?

Yes, the guitar is already set but I recommend playing on the volume of bb3 for a better rendering.

Are they suitable for your style of music?

It suits my style, I wanted a versatile guitar and it won. It really makes little coffee go from blues to metal with no problem thanks to the combination of BB3 and Classic 57.

With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?

I play with a Laboga Mr Hector plus a chorus pedal Tc Corona and also with a British Tech21 on my sound card.

What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold", ....)?

With BB3, the sound is rather fat remains in the minds Gibson, clean mics do not attack the ears with treble and distortion sound is rock and roll.
With the Classic 57 'sound is very bluesy and very warm.

How long have you been using?

I use it for about 2 months.

What is so special that you like most and least?

Most:
- The shape
- The color "vintage"
- The combination of micro

Cons:
- Finishing the binding is weak (I may be unlucky) but remains correct
- The quality / price ratio

Did you try many other models before buying it?

I tried another model from Gibson and that is the most I've enjoyed both for its visual for his sonoritée and jouabilitée.

How do you rate the quality / price?

The price / quality ratio nine is a bit expensive (like any signatures) but if you can get it in occas' is spot on!

With experience, you do again this choice?

With the experience I would do this choice certainly.