LTD EX-401
LTD EX-401

V/XPL/FB Shaped Guitar from LTD belonging to the Standard EX series.

Echo tango Echo tango
Publié le 06/02/10 à 15:58
Made in Indonesia
Mahogany body
Maple set neck
Rosewood
Pitch of 628.7 mm
Nut width 42 mm
Profile handle end in the form of "U"
22 XJ frets
Black hardware nickel
Grover
TOM bridge and tailpiece
1 EMG 81 bridge pickup, 1 EMG 60 neck pickup
Finish: Olympic White

Very good ergonomics, no mug ever sélecteir micro playing
Channel super nice, good access to treble. Jumbu the frets are well polished. Slight tendency to pitch nose but not the kind of thing that makes the game stand unbearable. To get a good sound, should be done once and for all a reality: active electronics do not function as a passive electronics. Time an adaptation is necessary. Reasonable weight despite the size of the body.

Clais sounds a bit dry if you let the tonaloté thoroughly. Again not be afraid to turn the volume and tone knobs. They can change a lot in the sound. Sle in May of this field are scratching the course are saturated. I just spent a full evening to explore this area and I'll still have to say that I am helped: with Blackstar HT Dual and Dist-X, we can not complain. Anyway, in clear or saturated, with this guitar makes me want to play specific
Update 24/06/2010: The EMG81 was a little dry for my taste, too much "surgery". I replaced it with a 85, a bit more bass and midrange. Me I found myself better. This mic has a huge potato. Occasionally I'll put 81 in the handle, it should be interesting. In addition EMG has a very practical system connection, so why miss out? I put one more point after the change of micro!

Bought it this afternoon. I tried the EC 1000, the Viper also not convinced.
Good value for money (620 euros with the flight). What I like least? The case, which like all cases to explore is playing an insane but hey it's part of the charm of the instrument nous.Refaire say that choice? Ben let me time to use a little ...

Images linked to this review

• photo