< Tous les avis Vantage FV575
Vantage FV575
nebs nebs
Published on 04/22/09 at 01:35
Entièremment agree with the opinion above.
Having owned a vantage Mx 330 Japan that I was stupid enough to sell, I stumbled upon this Flying V to 300 euros, I jumped at the chance.
History:
Identical to the Ibanez Flying V, the Vantage was manufactured in the factory of Matsumoku in Japan in 1978.
Everyone knows the great reputation of quality Matsumoku guitars, the VF 575 is no exception to the rule:
- Solid ash body
- Thinner handle and faster than Gibson
- Mechanical taking into agreement superbly
- Micro Di Marzio Paf Pro (I do not know if they are original or not.
This guitar is worth ten times a Epiphone Flying V where Gisbson faded (tested in store).

USE

The guitar is balanced, which is rare in this kind of guitar ...
ultra fast neck straight, frets that literally erases under the fingers. I can play the solos twice as fast with my telecaster.
Small flat, the guitar is quite heavy (solid ash) but this wood has the particularity to give more incisive attacks mahogany.
The sound is rounder and more accurate than Gibson.
Sustain INCREDIBLE: I have never seen it! We play a note even clean and resonance never stops, what is taken for Gary Moore.
The violin is therefore a success (thank you 31 years), but the microphones must be something to do.

I do not know if Di Marzio are original, opinions differ on Harmony Central, some say yes, some not.
Clean in the micro Grave and mid position is ideal for playing blues, jazz and rock. Switches the turbo and Rat is a killer distortion. But personally I prefer the sound with a slight overdrive, it's beautiful!
To note, despite the very high output pickups is clear and precise, smooth.
The bridge pickup stark contrast to the round and the sleeves chalaureux microphones. This is certainly due to the ash.
It has a hellish attack, a nasty crunch, we forget the clean sounds and pass to Rock 70's or furious metal according to the saturation.
In short we are faced with a dual personality guitar, blues, heavy rock in serious position, jazz and funk in the middle position and sharp solos and rhythmic as a butcher knife in the bridge position.
I think the combination Di Marzio PAF PRO / ash body 30 years of age is the very best for his well vintage blues rock 70's and 80's metal.

NOTICE GLOBAL

The same guitar with Ibanez wrote above is worth 850 euros, the Vantage are trading around 450 euros but it is the same. I was looking for for quite some time, but the guys were asking too much for my meager purse. At 300 euros, it's good.
I have it, I would keep, japan late 70, early 80 made guitars unmatched quality.
She called ARIA PRO 2, TOKAI, VANTAGE, YAMAHA or IBANEZ, guitars came right Matsumoku or Fujigen (Fender Squier) are therefore all the same. Identical quality to the fender and Gibson.
Among the forty guitars I've owned this one is truly one of the best ... Nothing to even with shovels that now manufactures!