Rob Papen Blade Released
Rob Papen has announced the release of its Blade synthesizer.
The Harmolator is a set of global controls that get to the heart of the synthesis engine without the need to edit the additive partials that make up the waveform.
The Harmolator allows oscillator spreading, fattening the sound and also square / sine wave sub-oscillator. The sound can be modified further by the 21 per-voice distortions types and 14 filter types.
The XY screen
Blade offers control of the sound over time using different modulation controls. The most significant of these is the central XY screen. Here you can either alter things by moving the cursor around, or you can record paths which can be replayed, creating an advanced LFO.
- 16 voices, operating in poly , mono 1/2 , legato 1/2 and arp modes.
- Harmolator Oscillator with 9 controls, harmolator wave settings, two types of spread functions and sub-oscillator.
- 21 Distortion Units operating per voice (ahead of filter).
- 14 Filter Types including 6/12/18/24 low/high pass, 12/24 band pass / notch, vocal & comb filter.
- Filter separation function for unique filter stereo soundAmp section with Volume, Velocity and Envelope control.
- XP Pad with 12 amount controls for each X and Y, which can modulate the 9 Harmolator parameters, Filter Cutoff, Filter Q and Volume.
- XY Pad which can operating either directly or with recorded paths, in poly, mono or free modes.
- XY Pad playback can be tempo synced, with different tempo settings, and with loop & bi-directional loop options.
- XY Pad movement speed control.
- XY editing options at right mouse menu
- Dedicated Harmolator velocity, LFO and envelope controls.
- Pitch LFO and Pitch Envelope, 2 Free Harmolator control sources, 2 Free Envelopes, 2 Free LFOs and 4 modulation sources.
- All of Blade's controls can be used as modulation destinations, and there are various modulation sources including midi controls and internal controls.
- 2 FX units with 27 effects, including distortion, reverb and tape delay plus many more.
- 16 Step Arpeggiator with each step having its own pitch, velocity and free amount, which can also be used as a sequencer for modulation purposes.
- Page allows control of the main parameters.
- Preset handling with copy, paste, clear and compare function.
- 'Quick Browser', 'Recently Browsed' and 'Favorite' functions.
- Preset Manager screen allows you to find and organize presets and banks.
- Midi control over all parameters included the X/Y Pad.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.