or
Create an account

or

Thread VURTURAL INSTRUMENTS HELP NEEDED!

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 VURTURAL INSTRUMENTS HELP NEEDED!
VURTURAL INSTRUMENTS HELP NEEDED!
I am a old school sampler / sequencer guy, been doing that for a very long time. I have had a good collection of keyboards that I sample from time to time and sequence via midi from time to time. I have come out of my shell finally and want to get into VST so I can stop having to pay $2000.00 to $5000 every time a new board comes out I like. I know nothing about this at all other then the loose concept. Please I need some help here and fast, I am under the gun in a production and could really use some new sound banks from some vintage syntheses.

As far as I know, you use a computer and a midi keyboard. All of the software in run on the computer so the computer takes the place of all the actually synthesizer The sounds come from the computer and your mainly using the midi keyboard as just a controller. Please correct me if I am wrong here. Now what I don’t understand is what software do I need to get to run the VST’s? Or do VST’s stand alone like, they run and everything on their own or do they work like plug in’s into a larger software package? And if so what software package would I need to have? I have a Macintosh G5 sitting here that I am dying to make into a VST keyboard workstation but I just need to know what to do next, what software do I need to play VST.
PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance
Mike
sdpinc@comcast.net
:)