EastWest Composer Cloud

Audience: Advanced users Value For Money : Poor
Editorial review
Instruments from the Cloud

A review of the EastWest Composer Cloud subscription service

Subscription-based plans are becoming more common for music software. While presumably a good thing for the developers, they’re not necessarily so great for users, who have to pay over and over for a license, and can lose access to the software if they let the subscription lapse, or if the developer goes belly up. That said, one subscription plan that I think might actually be a boon for musicians is EastWest’s Composer Cloud, which gives users access to a large selection of EastWest products without having to buy them. Read more…
  • David Smith-97David Smith-97

Good But

EastWest Composer CloudPublished on 11/14/21 at 12:44
    Good quality choir sounds for the price. I bought Symphonic Choirs as a download.

Very difficult to get to work. Since 1990 I have used a lot of different music software over the years, this software feels like doing combat and after one weekend of trying, I gave up and cancelled my purchase. Random issues seem make it not work.

EastWest, loads of people work offline with computers and with SDDs where software libraries are stored. Your competitors like IK Multimedia and Spitfire so not suffer the issues I have had with your software. Logic Pro X has more basic sounds but hey, it works....