< Tous les avis XILS-lab PolyKB
XILS-lab PolyKB
Published on 09/27/10 at 12:11
The XILS-lab PolyKB is an in depth software synthesizer, modeling itself after the RSF PolyKobol analog synth. It's got an interface that matches this synth, as it looks just like a real synthesizer on screen, which is something that I love as it makes me feel at ease using something that looks familiar. I wasn't involved with installing this software since I don't own it myself. There is way too much going on here with the make up of the plug-in to mention all of it in a couple of lines, so just take a quick look at a screenshot of the soft synth to get an idea of what I'm talking about. As always, if you understand the features generally associated with analog and software synthesizers, you should be okay here. One thing definitley worth mentioning is the morphing oscillator, which is a unique feature that kind of sets this soft synth apart from the rest. A manual would be a good idea if you're thinking that you might need some assistance or even if you're just looking to learn the software inside and out.

The studio that I work at has the XILS-lab PolyKB soft synth running on a number of different systems. All of them are Pro Tools HD based, but this will get used a lot in Logic as well. It definitely takes up a decent amount of processing power, but all of our systems are top notch so we don't ever have performance issues really. If you're going to be running this at home I'd recommend taking a look at the requirements to ensure that you'll be able to run it comfortably.

I really can't say enough about the amount of detail involved with the XILS-lab PolyKB. I haven't used original RSF PolyKobol analog synth that this is modeled after, but I don't have to do know that this is a great reproduction. It has sounds that could definitely be coming from an analog synth if I didn't know better, and an interface that matches up with the real deal. What more can you really ask for? I don't know what the price of this would be, but if you're in the market for a serious software synthesizer to use on an everyday basis kind of a thing, the XILS PolyKB is seriously worth considering. This thing is an absolute beast!