< Tous les avis XILS-lab PolyKB
XILS-lab PolyKB
ericthegreat ericthegreat

« good virtual synth »

Published on 12/20/11 at 22:13
I use a Macbook with Logic 9 and Ableton 7, so far not a single compatibility issue.  Works Great!  I have not looked at the manual, actually, I'm not really sure if came with one, but,  like many of Arturia's instruments, it is a physical model of the actual instrument and there fore most all of the functions are right in front of you.  Most questions can be answered by studying up on the workings of an actual Modular Synth.

Well that depends on how experienced you are on Modular synths.  This thing was a little daunting for me, and still is to be honest, due to the massive amount of options and modules.  If you really want to use this thing properly, study up. The typical functions are very easy to access, they are all right in front of your face.

The software works great in Logic 9 and Ableton 7 as well as it works great as a standalone.  This software is very stable, it has never crashed on me nor has it ever failed to save or load a preset.
Well, this is obviously a digital representation of a beautiful Analog Monster.  If you are trying to compare it to the real deal, you will be disappointed.  But, if you weigh that against the fact that the plugin costs thousands less, makes damn good sounds and can go with you anywhere you take your laptop, it gets a 10 out of 10 for me.  I have been using this plugin for about 6 months.  I am still pretty much a novice at it, but spending an hour on this unit once in awhile will yield some great sounds.

The options are virtually endless and it fits right into my laptop.  What don't I like?  Well, its so large it doesn't fit entirely on screen.  Instead of creating a Scroll bar that you could operate via mac's 2 finger scroll option, or even the arrow keys, you have to click on the unit and drag.  Its not a huge problem, but when playing live, the former options would have been much better.