MOTU BPM 1.5
BPM 1.5 adds many new features, plus 4 GB of additional sounds for over 19 GB of included kits, patterns, loops, and samples, according to MOTU.
Beat Box Anthology
"TR 808…LinnDrum…SP1200… Iconic rhythm machines from decades past that brought legendary sounds that still drive today's beats. BPM delivers the sounds of 80 such machines from the 1970's, 80's and 90's — a 4 GB collection of rhythm sounds, combined with BPM's updated 1.5 library, for a 19 GB, by far the most extensive rhythm sound library available."
More musical styles
"Updated soundbanks deliver kits, patterns and sounds for additional musical styles, including big beat, dancehall, dub, electro, jungle, hard trance, house, jungle-drum bass, minimal, progressive, vinylized and others. With BPM's FlexLoop technology, you control every loop element, from individual samples to FX parameters. Combine kits and patterns from each style to quickly create unique hybrid beats."
"How you play your instrument is how you express yourself as a musical artist. That's why BPM lets you use the MIDI controller of your choice. It needs to feel right. Be right. Just for you. BPM goes further by letting you customize how it responds to your pad controller, MIDI keyboard, or other controller, so that your flow is BPM's flow, and BPM flows with you."
"Choose any note repeat value, from triplet 64ths to dotted quarters to 32x. Assign the note repeat button to any control item on your MIDI controller. Change the repeat value on the fly from your controller. Control the volume (velocity) of repeated notes with aftertouch pressure. This is rhythm programming the way it should be: live, dynamic, and customizable."
"The new MIDI Select feature gives you direct access to each pad — up to 64 simultaneous pads per scene — for quick editing and tweaking directly from your MIDI controller. Need to tweak the filter cutoff on the crash cymbal? Play the pad, tweak the filter, done."
Bank aux FX
"When creating your own banks of sounds, the new Bank Aux FX feature lets you program and save effects such as delays, reverb, filters, and any of BPM's dozens of included effects together with the bank itself, so that the next time you load the kit, the effects load with it."
- BPM 1.5 installer CD
- Updated BPM 1.5 soundbank DVDs
- New Beat Box Anthology soundbank DVD
Beat Box Anthology iLok auth key code
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?