Sonic Sidekick Extreme DrumSynth
Sonic Sidekick has announced the release of Extreme DrumSynth, a new VST instrument drum synthesizer for Windows designed to model a wide range of percussion sounds including acoustic drums, cymbals, synthetic drums and special effects.
The synthesis model is designed to provide an easy way to create a variety of sounds. An oscillator generates modes which are run through a flexible band pass filter and is mixed with filtered noise. Almost all of the parameters, including the oscillator, the noise generator and the filter parameters, can be swept with independent envelopes to create realistic or artificial drum sounds, the company assures.
It includes randomization options which can make each hit sound slightly or radically different from the previous hit, to prevent the machine gun effect. There are also options to adjust the sound based on either velocity or CC values. These can be used to make loud hits sound different from soft hits or morph between different sounds based on a MIDI CC parameter.
- 16 pads.
- 8 outputs.
- Oscillator with up to 14 layers.
- Noise generator.
- 2 resonant band pass filters.
- Up to 10 mutex groups.
- 2 LFOs.
- Independent envelopes on most parameters.
- Patch randomizer.
Pricing & Availability
Extreme DrumSynth is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in.
It will cost $60 but is currently available for the introductory price of $35 through June 1st, 2009.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Bluezone Percussive Sounds by Alexander Vassant This pack is composed of 197 hot and percussive drumloops as well as drums hits.
- Tank-FX [Freeware] Tank-FX is described as "a non-virtual effect device."
- 112db Redline Monitor 112dB announces that Redline Monitor, the near-field monitor simulation for headphones, has been updated to version 1.0.2.