Prodipe Prodipe VE
Prodipe Prodipe VE
fredewi fredewi
Published on 02/26/07 at 04:48
I'll be a little softer than the previous opinion, but I too am quite disappointed with this purchase.
To begin, I think a lot of pb mentioned are now resolved in version 1.5.
The failure to insert the USB dongle does not launch the drivers and they seem to turn off when it is removed (appearance / disappearance of the icon in the taskbar of Windows)
Hat for the installation and great integration with Windows. Works without pb with all MIDI softwares windows media playeur same. Works perfectly with my old Cubasis VST 3 (and more ;-) amazing no latency in contrast to all other VST home!
In short, a 10/10 for reliability and the very use of a machine "office" with a sound card built into the motherboard it works perfectly.

For cons, I'm very disappointed with the quality of sound. Frankly, it's nothing special. Some instruments are even catastrophic, including some sax or applause (I know, this is not essential but I realized-account via a MIDI ended with applause! A horror!)
I prefer the sound of my (very) old SC55 or my Yamaha PSR 1000
I was looking for sounds "realistic" brass and wood for my Akai EWI 4000, except for the clarinets that are nice (especially jazz), else: Yuck!
Hopefully updates will fix this poverty :-) I've already done but nothing more conclusive at this time.
2 / 10 for 300 so-called hyper-realistic sound praised by the brand! do not push it anyway.

Well, considering the price, ok, it helps out if you have nothing else on hand and want to / can work with a computer. But frankly, some WaveTable good sound cards may well compete with ;-)
Final score: 6 / 10