Agrandir
DiscoDSP Discovery
songboy songboy
Published on 03/22/10 at 11:31
I run this plugin on a Macbook with Presonus interfaces and it seems to work great so far. I have not needed to use the manual as this synth is setup up like a table top synthesizer and has a very similar setup as most other plugin synths I have used. Yes, the general configuration and setup is very easy as all the parameters are right in front of you. You can access everything you need easily from the GUI.

I run this plugin in both Ableton 8 and Logic 9 and the Discovery works great in both. So far I have never lost a preset I have created, everytime I come back to a project, the Discovery is setup just how I left it and it has never crashed. I give it a 10 out of 10 for performance. It works great with all of my midi gear and sounds extremely warm and realistic. I have been using this synth for about 6 months.

What I like most about this synth is it close if not more than a 1000 presets. I like to sit some times and just move through the presets to get an idea of what this thing is capable of and there are a lot of different sounds pumping out of this guy. There is nothing I hate about this synth, it works well and makes great sounds, what else can you want. I paid $99 for this synth and I am very happy about that. I give it a 10 out of 10 for sound quality. I use Rob Papen synths and Absynth probably the most of all of my plugin but the Discovery gets on quite a few tracks itself too. Yes, I would definitely make the same choice again. I own a lot of plugin synths (probably too many) so a lot of them are starting to collect "dust." But I really enjoy this one as the sounds are comparable to the plugins I mentioned earlier.