Novation Bass Station Virtuel
Novation Bass Station Virtuel
songboy songboy
Publié le 11/18/09 à 11:32
I run a macbook with Logic 9 and ableton 7.  The Bass Station works flawlessly with them.  No installation problems or audio drop outs.
I have never referenced the manual nor have I found the need to.  All the functions are laid out in front of you in the form of a hardware synth.  Therefore, everything is very accessible.
The setup is quite simple overall.

Yes the software functions great in my DAW's on my mac.
Again, no crashes or audio dropouts.  It also responds very well to my midi controllers (keystation 88, Axiom 61, Ozone 2).
I give it a 10 out of 10 in the way of performance.  Its reliable and syncs to my midi controllers without any hiccups.
I have had this plugin for about a year and a half.

What I like the most about this unit is how easy it is to operate.  If you have ever used a hardware synth before, the interface will be no problem.
What I don't like about it is the subpar bass sounds.  Some of them are ok, but most are kinda weak.  I find myself using a myriad of other plugins to find a good bass sound before I come to this one.  They sound more like the bass sounds you would get off a early 90's synth.
I honestly don't recall how much I paid for this plugin.
I rate the sound quality at about 7 out of 10.  There are some pretty good patches in here if you dig, but not enough to make me happy.
This is one of the earliest plugins I got, so no, I think this was the first Bass only program I got, or at least the first with a lot of bass sounds.
I would probably not buy this plugin again if I needed to.  There are so many other options out there that sound better in my opinion.