TC-Helicon thought of singers who accompany themselves with acoustic guitar and designed for them the Play Acoustic effect processor.
The Play Acoustic pedal features two processors dedicated to vocals and electro-acoustic guitar. It retains the vocal effects and harmonizer from the VoiceLive Play and the guitar effects from some of the TC Electronic TonePrint pedals such as Hall of Fame and Corona Chorus, which were adapted for use with acoustic guitars.
The vocal section includes reverb, doubler, delay, chorus, flanger, HardTune, distorsion/megaphone effects and more. Harmonies are based on the chords played on the guitar (2 NaturalPlay voices and 2 doubling voices) or adjusted manually per note/scale and managed via the footswitches.
Plus, the Play Acoustic benefits from multiple adjustments, including the BodyRez algorithm, a first on this model, that recreates the acoustic sound on guitars equipped with a piezo, by using a filter, a compression and an equalizer. Singers will also find the Adaptive Tone feature that automatically controls compression, EQ, De-Esser and gate to adapt the vocals to the mix.
The Play Acoustic also retains from its siblings the Hit feature to activate multiple effects at once or switch between two variations of the same presets, as well as a VLoop looper for both voice and guitar.
Also available on the pedal is the RoomSense microphone that “listen” to your environment. And if you want to practice along recorded songs with your favorite player, a Vocal Cancel feature is included and you can record directly via USB to your computer.
- 100 built-in presets, memory for 500 presets
- Edit controls dedicated to vocals and guitar
- BodyRez for piezo-equipped acoustic guitars
- Notch filter to limit the feedback of the guitar
- Shelving high-pass and low-pass filters
- Parametric equalizer
- Microphone preamp
- VLoop looper
- RoomSense mic
- XLR mic input
- 1/4” jack guitar input
- 1/8” jack auxiliary input
- Separate DI outputs for guitar and vocals, or stereo mix, on XLR
- 1/8” headphone output
- Recessed gain control
- Ground Lift switch
- USB audio port with VoiceSupport software support
- Compatible with the TC-Helicon MP-75 and Sennheiser e835 fx voice microphones
- Compatible with the optional Switch-3 pedal
The Play Acoustic will be available at the end of the month for the suggested price of 299€. More information at www.tc-helicon.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.