TC-Helicon introduces Play Acoustic
TC-Helicon thought of singers who accompany themselves with acoustic guitar and designed for them the Play Acoustic effect processor.
The Play Acoustic pedal features two processors dedicated to vocals and electro-acoustic guitar. It retains the vocal effects and harmonizer from the VoiceLive Play and the guitar effects from some of the TC Electronic TonePrint pedals such as Hall of Fame and Corona Chorus, which were adapted for use with acoustic guitars.
The vocal section includes reverb, doubler, delay, chorus, flanger, HardTune, distorsion/megaphone effects and more. Harmonies are based on the chords played on the guitar (2 NaturalPlay voices and 2 doubling voices) or adjusted manually per note/scale and managed via the footswitches.
Plus, the Play Acoustic benefits from multiple adjustments, including the BodyRez algorithm, a first on this model, that recreates the acoustic sound on guitars equipped with a piezo, by using a filter, a compression and an equalizer. Singers will also find the Adaptive Tone feature that automatically controls compression, EQ, De-Esser and gate to adapt the vocals to the mix.
The Play Acoustic also retains from its siblings the Hit feature to activate multiple effects at once or switch between two variations of the same presets, as well as a VLoop looper for both voice and guitar.
Also available on the pedal is the RoomSense microphone that “listen” to your environment. And if you want to practice along recorded songs with your favorite player, a Vocal Cancel feature is included and you can record directly via USB to your computer.
- 100 built-in presets, memory for 500 presets
- Edit controls dedicated to vocals and guitar
- BodyRez for piezo-equipped acoustic guitars
- Notch filter to limit the feedback of the guitar
- Shelving high-pass and low-pass filters
- Parametric equalizer
- Microphone preamp
- VLoop looper
- RoomSense mic
- XLR mic input
- 1/4” jack guitar input
- 1/8” jack auxiliary input
- Separate DI outputs for guitar and vocals, or stereo mix, on XLR
- 1/8” headphone output
- Recessed gain control
- Ground Lift switch
- USB audio port with VoiceSupport software support
- Compatible with the TC-Helicon MP-75 and Sennheiser e835 fx voice microphones
- Compatible with the optional Switch-3 pedal
The Play Acoustic will be available at the end of the month for the suggested price of 299€. More information at www.tc-helicon.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- A channel strip in 500 format Ingram Engineering confirms the announcement made last year and launches its first module in 500 format, the MPA575 channel strip.
- EQs in MeldaProduction’s honor for 3 days For the next three days, you can purchase three EQ plug-ins at half price at the MeldaProduction online store.
- The StudioLive AI firmware has been updated PreSonus has released an important update for the firmware of its StudioLive AI digital mixers.