Fender GJ-46SCE

All user reviews for the Fender GJ-46SCE

Acoustic-electric Folk/Western guitar from Fender .

(4.5/5 based on 1 review)
  • MGR/JCCJrMGR/JCCJr

Fender GJ46SCE

Fender GJ-46SCEPublished on 12/18/03 at 15:00
    I got this very nice guitar at The Music Loft of Greensboro, NC. For 3 years I have been looking for a 'certain sound' in an acoustic electric and one day while playing several guitars in their store I picked up this Jumbo from Fender and I strummed a few chords on it and realized that the 'Jumbo Sound' was what I was after. Up until that time I had never held one. Fender lists this guitar for just under $1,000.00 and I paid $585.00 (without a case).

I love the projection of the guitars voice. It has a deep, thunderous bass and is pretty even in harmonics all across the spectrum. It has "AA" grade Spruce Top with solid Rosewood back (Laminated Rosewood side). I like the Fender/Fishman Pickup system which combines an undersaddle with a condensor mic in the soundhole. The guitar sounds great acoustically and even better plugged in. * I went back to the same store and purchased a Genz Benz Shennandoah, Jr. which made the guitar sound even better.

The only thing that I'm not sure of (and it's not necessarily a dislike) is the neck that is made up of Nato. I'm not sure what 'nato' is and what time will do with it. However, the action and feel of the neck is just what I prefer; it's just right!

As far as I can tell; the construction and quality of the guitar is good. It seems to be solidly built with no apparant flaws or shortcomings.

The Bottom Line is that I now proudly own a quality, affordable, great sounding acoustic/electric that plays great strummed, flatpicked or fingerpicked. I am not ashamed to pull my guitar out of the case in the company of my friends who play more expensive "BIG NAME" acoustics!!!