[NAMM] 15 New Martin Guitar Models
C. F. Martin & Co. is bringing new instruments to the 2012 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, California January 19-22.
The acoustic guitar-maker will unveil 15 guitars and ukuleles to be added to the brand’s line of instruments.
Attendees visiting the Martin Guitar booth (Booth 5454 Hall B) will be able to have the chance to preview the new releases that include: an expansion of the Performing Artist Series instruments, Custom Series, Road series, refinement of the D-18 model, and several new ukulele models, spinning on the heels of the run of ukulele models revealed last year.
- DRS2 - The latest of Martin’s solid wood Road Series guitars, the new DRS2 is constructed with solid Sapele back and sides and Sitka spruce top, built with an extra rigid Stratabond neck to withstand the rigors of touring. A Fishman Sonitone sound reinforcement system completes this model. Includes a hardshell case. (MSRP: $1099)
- DCPA5 and GPCPA5 - Described as the most affordable of the Performing Artist models. Available in both a Dreadnought and Grand Performance cutaway, both models include solid Sitka spruce top, koa patterned high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides, High Performance Neck and Fishman F1 Analog electronics. Case available. (MSRP $1099)
- DCPA4 SIRIS and GPCPA4 SIRIS - Martin introduces a new tonewood called Siris. The DCPA4 Siris and the GPCPA4 Siris are 14-fret cutaway guitars, with Performing Artist profile necks, Hybrid "X" scalloped top bracing, black Richlite fingerboards and bridges and Fishman F1 Analog onboard electronics. Case included. (MSRP: $1849)
- GPCPA4 Sapele – The GPCPA4 Sapele features FSC Certified Recycled Sitka Spruce reclaimed from dismantled Canadian bridges and is finished with a polished gloss top. Includes Fishman F1 Analog electronics and a hardshell case. (MSRP: $1799)
- DCPA1 Madagascar Rosewood and GPCPA1 Madagascar Rosewood – These dovetail models feature solid Adirondack Spruce top, solid Madagascar Rosewood back and sides, Golden Era bracing, pearl accents and Fishman F1 Aura + electronics featuring Easy Mode. The guitar is available in Dreadnought and Grand Performance sizes, each with a gray Geib style case. (MSRP: $6499)
- CS-D18-12- Inspired by a 1929 Ditson 111 that resides in the C.F. Martin museum, the CS-D18-12 is a 12 fret Dreadnought with a body constructed of mahogany reclaimed from rivers in Belize. Commonly referred to as “sinker mahogany,” these logs sank to the bottom of a river that was used to transport them and have been lost for 100 years. Hot hide glue was used to construct these instruments which also feature a T-bar trussrod, slotted headstock and Adirondack spruce top. Also included on the CS-D18-12 and new for 2012 is the Custom Shop Thin Finish package. This nitrocellulose finish is 40% thinner than the standard C.F. Martin nitrocellulose finish. 75 of these instruments will be made for the world in 2012. (MSRP $6499)
- CS-D28-12- The CS-D28-12 is a 14 fret Dreadnought highlighted by its Cocobolo back and sides, and Adirondack spruce top. Cocobolo is a tonewood from Mexico designed to deliver bell-like tones. The custom model features two way trussrod, forward shifted and scalloped bracing along with herringbone trim. Also included on the CS-D28-12 and new for 2012 is the Custom Shop Thin Finish package. This nitrocellulose finish is 40% thinner than the standard C.F. Martin nitrocellulose finish. 125 of these instruments will be made for the world in 2012. (MRSP $6999, $7249 for sunburst)
- Winter NAMM attendees will see the recently-announced The Mamas and The Papas Custom Artist Edition – a new 14-fret Dreadnought. The top is made of Carpathian spruce, solid Madagascar rosewood on the back and sides, with a neck carved from mahogany. An ebony head plate features The Mamas and The Papas’ silhouettes inlaid in solid mother of pearl directly above the nut. Each guitar is equipped with MSP7200 medium gauge phosphor bronze Martin SP Lifespan strings and will be limited to 100 instruments. (MSRP $4999)
Also on display at NAMM will be the company’s line of Martin SP LIFESPAN acoustic strings. This will include the new 12 String, Baritone and two Extra Light offerings that were launched this fall.
More details on these models, including pictures, will be provided in our coverage of the 2012 NAMM show. In the meantime, you'll find more details on www.martinguitar.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Radial Engineering Reamp JCR The Reamp JCR is a Reamper designed to take a prerecorded track and send it back to a guitar or bass amplifier and re-record it.
- [NAMM] 3 Guild Arcos Series Models Guild announces the debut of the new Arcos series.
- 65amps Producer 65amps introduces their newest guitar amplifier, The Producer.