Ovation CC24S-RRB
Ovation CC24S-RRB
lommarto lommarto
Publié le 11/14/06 à 03:38
- Guitar made in China
- 20 frets, microphone preamp with Ovation Slimline OP4BT (gain, bass, mid, treble and tuner function)
- Channel 3 parts by Mahogany
- Spruce
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- Caisse Lyrachord Made in USA

The handle is quite nice, a little too round for my taste!
Access to acute is very simple.
This is a guitar pretty well balanced in terms of weight.

Just one small problem on the manufacturing quality and finishing. This is actually my second RR CC24, the bridge was the first who started it off after 2 days. After more than a month of waiting I get my new Ovation (SAV Ovation slow) and then finish quality is very average. Let me explain: Caisse striped rope non-aligned at the bridge (distance between each string and uneven stripe on the bridge saddle prevents the rope back on track), poorly bonded bridge (it is already beginning to rise slightly) and a POC at the head.
Not short the top even for a guitar € 340

The only positive of this guitar preamp
- Not plugged in the guitar has good sound. Certainly there are better but its already sounds better than a Fender Telecoustic.
- The Hype is the Panard then, in my case I branch with a marshall and a Compressor Reverb and there's great. The equalizer preamp is very effective.

I use it now for 2 weeks I love the sound when plugged in, a little less disconnected. The finishes are missing the quality is poor (Made in China This is not a reason).
I think one has to give one of these four luthier for the bonding of the bridge and the alignment of the string at the bridge saddle.
I have not tried many models before buying. I based the comment of his ancestor the CC024.
For € 340 I think it's a good deal if one comes across a skyscraper of good quality and well finished (it's a lottery with the series made in China). In addition, the Service of Ovation is very slow.
So to conclude I am moderately satisfied with this guitar and I recommend. With experience I think I will choose a higher-end model or a model Ovation Takamine Eg461SC