Takamine EG330SC

All user reviews for the Takamine EG330SC

( 5/5 based on 2 reviews )
2 reviews
  • MGR/Scott K.MGR/Scott K.

Takamine EG330SC

Takamine EG330SCPublished on 12/28/03 at 15:00
    This guitar was purchased at Sam Ash Music in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. Given to me as much requested Christmas gift, I know from shopping that this instrument retails for around $650-$700.00. My wife managed to purchase the guitar for quite a bit less.

The instrument is beautiful, with a rich, full tone that makes it a joy to play. The high end sound is crisp and distinct while the long end sounds are deep and resonant, with a voice-like tone. The action is great, and required no adjustment of the truss rod on my part. I was able to walk into this instrument without any setup and begin playing it very comfortably. The solid spruce top and abeline finish give this guitar a beautiful appearance. The built in tuner is a great addition to the built-in pre-amp. It makes tuning a breeze and makes the handheld tuner obsolete. In all, the instrument is a delight.

My only dislike is that the guitar does not have a button at the neck for a strap. This is a minor point, but I cannot abide a "tie on" strap of the type that is commonly attached near the tuning screws. I will undoubtedly have a button installed, but I always fear damage to the instrument in their installation, so this is a minor dis-like, though it does not really detract in any way from the instrument itself.

The instrument is solidly constructed, with a solid-spruce top that gives it superior resonance and strength. The rosewood inlay on the fretboard provides a strong neck for long life. The N4B preamp is top quality, featuring a large variety of sound "pre-shaping" options that give the guitar a huge variety of voicing options.

This is a great guitar for the money and a worthwhile investment for any serious musician. I have long wanted to purchase a Takamine guitar and now, with this addition to my guitar collection, I can saw affirmatively that this instrument will be the one I turn to for all future performance and playing needs. For those reading this review: The next time you are in your local music shop, ask about the Takamine EG330SC. You won't be disappointed!

• MGR/JasonMGR/Jason

Takamine EG-330SC

Takamine EG330SCPublished on 04/05/02 at 14:00
    I was looking for a second, better, guitar than what I was playing. I looked at tons before I found the right one for me. I ran across this particular series by coincidence. I picked it up, played it for a bit, and loved it right away. Less than $500 later, it was mine.

I like the construction of the guitar, it's solid, sturdy. It looks good and plays great. It has great tone and sustain.

I haven't found anything yet.

Put togethter very well, except I had to get the g-string tuning key fixed in the first week, it slipped somehow.

Highly recommened to beginners and novis alike. The G-Series seem to be great guitars.

This review was originally published on http://www.musicgearre…

I haven't found anything yet.