Taylor 514ce
Taylor 514ce
Bozo56 Bozo56
Publié le 06/23/09 à 01:22
Taylor guitar made by the USA. It is a model with cutaway and Expression System Taylor home. (The first year this model was equipped with a Fishman preamp that was, in the words excellent, then there was the Taylor-mail that was not very reliable since 2004-2005 and this guitar is equipped with the improved system works very well (to be able to differentiate: the first 2 batteries, while the second has a 9V battery) So to avoid disappointment: check mail with what the guitar is equipped. There are volume controls, treble and bass are very effective.

The guitar is pretty light, the cutaway gives good access to high notes. It is a very high quality guitar with a comfortable game, handle very nice, very nice acoustic sound (not particularly powerful). It is sometimes said that Taylor guitars sound a little thin (I do not agree), this model has a red cedar top gives a very warm. The strikeout does not curl, it is not difficult to play clean. Very nice amplified sound on a guitar amp for electro-acoustic of course.

This is the best for fingerpicking, it sounds great too scratched. And what adds to the comfort is the width of the handle, slightly above average for this kind of guitars. (Addition to 22/06/2009: a sound with a little body would not have offended, it's not a criticism, rather a matter of taste) All this makes it an ideal guitar for studio recording . (Using microphones adapted, as it should) The integrated system is generally used rather live.

Addition to 22/06/2009: After 2 years of use I'd like to add this: Another owner of this guitar made ​​me notice a problem with resonance of the string LA at the 7th fret (and around) So the MI played on the string LA and surrounding notes (Eb and FA a bit). Other guitars I own does not have this pb. But I have seen on other guitars also quite expensive. (Notably a Furch upscale). For this reason I saw my grade (9 to 8) for sound.

[b]OVERALL OPINION[/b]

I've had it about 2 months and I became hooked.
I bought it after reading reviews on different websites and I finally found 1500euro Used in France (new price approx max 3200euro - in OCCAZ we find U.S. on ebay at very good prices !), it is well worth its price: it is a professional guitar at any point of view.

One warning: avoid the first generation of guitars with Expression System - see my comments above and read my comment of 22/06/09 for the sound!