Focal CMS 40
Focal CMS 40

Active Monitor from Focal belonging to the CMS series.

Emmadavi Emmadavi

«  Superb accuracy. »

Publié le 08/24/10 à 12:57
That I needed to listen objectively to finalize my mixes and mastering. Magnat speaker because I tend to embellish and distort my mixes my VST instrument settings. Then when I listened to other places (car, stereo, etc. ...) I found myself a bit disappointed.
I needed speakers that are as neutral as possible.

I surfed on AudioFanzine and I hesitated with Genelec. But I came across an article that I choose to insite focal.Je am a musician, music lover and audiophile. For me these 3 criteria must be met to satisfy me.

Much good to say that I was not accustomed to listen with such precision. It took me two days to get used to. What surprised me most is the weight (it's sturdy) AC I changed my Edirol MA, tone and dry states. the stereo is superb, very natural.

The hardest part is well settle the subwoofer that I had, which is not the focal box. (Unfortunately because that must be cool to try AC)

Would fall short in the surprisingly serious, without being able to dispense with the box but it changes what I listened to before in this size there.

The power is quite sufficient, the volume control screen facade is thereby being specific about the setting and the connection with the subwoofer. A high level very little wind, but an almost inaudible hum which must be chopper coming from the laptop that is close (maybe the hard drive). but nothing audible level at which I listen.

I've had two months. and already I enjoy to listen and fix my old songs.
See to listen to pro mix CDs that make up my disco and rediscover some titles. I can not live without this requirement. It's expensive but I am not disappointed. I feel that they have received for my money. I really want to pay me a 5.1 focal installing a home theater.

I put 9 / 10 because I did not have enough experience to qualify it perfect and perfect is not of this world ....