M-Audio launches the AV32 and AV42 monitors
M-Audio completes its monitoring offer with the AV32 and AV42 compact powered multimedia models.
Both new M-Audio AV32 and AV42 are two-way models providing 10W and 20W per channel respectively. MDF enclosures feature a Bass reflex port and an OptImage IV waveguide, as well as RCA and 1/8“ inputs, a headphone output and a front volume control.
- 3” (AV32) / 4” (AV42) woofer
- 1” silk dome, ferrofluid-cooled tweeter with OptImage IV waveguide
- 10W (AV32) / 20W (AV42) power amp per channel
- Frequency responses: 80 Hz - 20 kHz (AV32) / 75 Hz - 20 kHz (AV42)
- Crossover frequencies: 3.3 kHz (AV32) / 2.7 kHz (AV42)
- RMS SPL: 101.5 dB @ 1 meter
- Signal/noise ratio: 90 dB A-weighted
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.