M-Audio Studiophile DSM2 monitors
M-Audio today unveiled the Studiophile® DSM1 and DSM2 reference monitors with built-in DSP.
M-Audio engineers worked closely with Digidesign on the Studiophile DSM series. The monitors feature an onboard DSP engine, which provides compensation for phase differences between the two drivers at the crossover point. The onboard DSP also manages a number of functions that enable users to tailor each speaker to their unique space and placement needs, for monitoring in any environment.
Studiophile DSM1 and DSM2 Features:
* 1” Teteron soft fabric, high-frequency dome with Neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling – accurate to 27kHz
* custom low-frequency driver with anodized aluminum cone provides low distortion (6.5” on DSM1, 8” on DMS2)
* onboard DSP manages the complex, 4th-order digital crossover for pristine imaging
* DSP-based EQ and Acoustic Space Controls optimize monitor for difficult acoustic environments
* bass-reflex port delivers controlled extended bass response
* high-density cabinet yields good damping and reduced acoustic interference
* professional digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz): S/PDIF and AES
* balanced analog inputs: XLR and 1/4”
* bi-amplified with Class D power amps: 100 watts (low frequency) and 80 watts (high-frequency)
The Studiophile DSM1 and DSM2 monitors are currently expected to ship in the fourth quarter of 2008 and carry an MSRP of US$649.95 per unit and US$749.95 per unit, respectively. For comprehensive product information, visit m-audio.com/DSM1 and m-audio.com/DSM2.
Viewers of this article also read...
- American Audio Audio Genie Pro converter Turning analog signals into digital files that can be edited, mixed and stored has never been easier or more affordable, thanks to the new Audio Genie Pro from American Audio. Working with a variety of software programs, this little product (it weighs a mere half pound) connects directly to a PC's USB connection to turn analog signals into digital files without using a sound card or driver.
- Sennheiser Evolution e965 Sennheiser introduces the evolution e965 microphone, the brand's first ever large-diaphragm true condenser microphone.
- ARX announces USB-DI VC D/A Direct Box ARX announces the addition of the new ARX USB-DI VC Digital to Analogue Direct Box to their AudiBox range.