M-Audio today unveiled the Studiophile® DSM1 and DSM2 reference monitors with built-in DSP.
M-Audio engineers worked closely with Digidesign on the Studiophile DSM series. The monitors feature an onboard DSP engine, which provides compensation for phase differences between the two drivers at the crossover point. The onboard DSP also manages a number of functions that enable users to tailor each speaker to their unique space and placement needs, for monitoring in any environment.
Studiophile DSM1 and DSM2 Features:
* 1” Teteron soft fabric, high-frequency dome with Neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling – accurate to 27kHz
* custom low-frequency driver with anodized aluminum cone provides low distortion (6.5” on DSM1, 8” on DMS2)
* onboard DSP manages the complex, 4th-order digital crossover for pristine imaging
* DSP-based EQ and Acoustic Space Controls optimize monitor for difficult acoustic environments
* bass-reflex port delivers controlled extended bass response
* high-density cabinet yields good damping and reduced acoustic interference
* professional digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz): S/PDIF and AES
* balanced analog inputs: XLR and 1/4”
* bi-amplified with Class D power amps: 100 watts (low frequency) and 80 watts (high-frequency)
The Studiophile DSM1 and DSM2 monitors are currently expected to ship in the fourth quarter of 2008 and carry an MSRP of US$649.95 per unit and US$749.95 per unit, respectively. For comprehensive product information, visit m-audio.com/DSM1 and m-audio.com/DSM2.
Be the first to post a comment about this news item
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.