Mackie MR5
Mackie MR5

Active Monitor from Mackie belonging to the MR series.

uneville uneville

«  Good quality / price ratio »

Published on 01/30/12 at 15:08
The choice of these monitors was motivated by the price, and the data published by the manufacturer.
I needed to listen rather round and flattering but small.
I could hear them in the store, and this step gave me the breakthrough.

Home Studio used for editing / Edit audio and video editing, but also for musical creation. The results are quite satisfactory.

The frequency curve is not really neutral. I have my NS-10m for that.
So it was not the intention. The dynamics observed. The power / sound is also very correct. The settings on the back of each

I use these monitors for 2 years, along with a pair of Yamaha NS10M, and another pair of Adam A3X in my home studio. I use a Mackie Big Knob to select my plays as needed. The Mackie MR5 monitors are my default 80% of the time.

What I like most about this model is its format goes everywhere, Designed by Mackie, robustness Mackie signed for sure, but also its Setting on the back panel.

2 filters are available (High and Low Freq.) And to mitigate unwanted frequencies.
0 dB, +2 and +4 dB for low frequencies, and-2dB, 0dB or +2 db for the High.

The three types of entries are also a plus (RCA, TRS or XLR)
Finally a general level control is also possible input.

With the same budget, I would do this choice of course, but in other measures, I opted for something more upscale ... It's like everything, but I do not regret that choice.