Universal Audio EMT 250
Universal Audio EMT 250
Publié le 01/08/10 à 22:10
I can't say too much about the installation process with the Universal Audio EMT 250 as it was already installed on the system that I used it on.  However, I don't know about any installation or compatibility problems if there were any.  The interface of the software isn't complicated as you've got only simple parameters to work with.  There are a few sliders to set the time of the reverb, as well as the output level and the mix.  There are also some other effects like chorus, echo, and phasing.  Even those without much experience with reverb plug-ins should be able to get the hang of using the plug-in rather quickly as there isn't anything out of the ordinary here.  I don't think a manual is necessary for this reason, but haven't seen one so I can't say anything about its make up.

The system that I have run the Universal Audio EMT 250 plug-in on is a Pro Tools HD based system which runs with an Apple G5 computer.  Pro Tools runs with a Digidesign 192 I/O and a series of Apogee converters.  I can't say that I've ever had a problem running the plug-in within this configuration as I've been able to run a few of them within a single session if I so choose.  However, please keep in mind that I use auxiliary channels to run reverb plug-ins to save processing power, so I've only had a need to run two or three of them at a time and can't speak to how well it would run past this point or on a non HD system.  I've only been using the plug-in for a number of months, but it isn't too hard to get accustomed to the plug-in so within this short while I've been able to do a lot with it...

Being that the Universal Audio EMT 250 is modeled after a particular unit, it has the same interface of the EMT 250 and a similar type of sound.  While I haven't used the original 250 all that often, it does have a similar sound, although not as great as the original.  However, for those who don't have access to the original, the plug-in version will definitely get the job done.  Even if you are just looking for a good reverb plug-in and aren't familiar with the EMT 250, I'd still recommend checking out this plug as it has a lot to bring to the table in terms of high sound quality and unique reverb tones...