Mackie 1604-VLZ Pro
Mackie 1604-VLZ Pro

Analog Mixer from Mackie belonging to the VLZ Pro series.

jennyaudio jennyaudio
Published on 06/07/03 at 11:05
This console rack. With an option (given the inflated prices that you can also have the connections back, top or bottom (rear of origin).

Construction everything metal. Serious and robust in appearance.

16 preamp (my taste quality of trs average). But all the connectors are l. The outputs are TRS and not XLR.
4 real bus. Stereo AUX returns ...
Semi parametric eq.

By focusing on this console, we can say that it is compact and can rev to draw a lot of situations. Everything is clear and precise net.
Each function has t think much.

Well, we made Mackie (VLZ Pro series), while a disturbance. Push the main mix with the ctrl room 0db in middle position (all faders at mini course) and you Niagara Falls. I have another console competitor and range and even less than I bcp breath.

Otherwise the sound is quite clear and dry. No big color but can be below 200 Hz and a small cot flattering that above 8kHz

The Eq is very sharp and "dcoupent" properly.

I have this console for 2 years (non-smoking home studio no moisture no dust or shock) and my bf 2 knobs that crack, the main mix output to below -10 dB does not work has the right ...
Some EQ knobs are hard to turn, others are flexible ... And it varies with time ...

In short I am also deuct reliability.
I do not buy it back.
I may have fallen on bad SERIES?
My advice: do not rush your eyes closed in spite of the pub ... the wise