The name says it all with this cabinet....Powerhouse!!! This cabinet is simply just that, a powerhouse. Mesa Boogie has taken what I think and many other bass players two best combination speakers and put them into one cabinet housing. Most players I think use something like an 8x10 speaker cabinet and then sometimes add a 1x15 cab to the mix to get that sub bass frequencies. This is an all in one encompassing unit that doesn't both of that is one easy to wheel around cabinet.
This eliminates the hassle of getting two separate units to the gig. You can get the tone and tight bottom end of the 10 inch speakers and the thunderous low end of the sub bass 15 inch speaker. It really is a great feature to have and a highly competitive cabinet in the market.
* 1,200 watts
* 4- or 8-ohm operation
* 4 x 10" and 1 x 15" Custom Mesa PowerHouse speakers
* Custom Mesa Neodymium high-frequency horn
* Exclusive tuned front ported Tri-Port design
* Selectable 3-point crossover (3k/4k/5k),
* Premium horn attenuator
* Instant reset horn protection
* Speakon and 1/4" inputs and outputs
* Cosmetic features: Black bronco vinyl covering with black twisted jute grille and silver piping
* AA marine-grade Baltic birch cabinet with aviation-style bracing
* Tilt & Roll transport system w/rear glide rails
* Recessed metal handles
* Lexan corners
* Slip cover included
At new thee units come in at around $1500, which is a great price for a unit this versatile. I know that Ampeg has a 8x10 cab that is extremely popular and comes in at around $1000. However, the 15 inch speakers are a bit higher in cost and construction so that is counting for that in the Mesa price.
I would recommend this to any bass player needing the best sounding most versatile rig that I have ever come across. This cab is such an exceptional piece of gear and the tone is just amazing!. You won't get a better sound from anything else in my opinion. The Mesa products are top notch and will last you heavy abuse night after night.