Apogee releases Groove compact DAC
At Winter NAMM, Apogee introduced a small DAC converter and headphone amp called Groove. It is now shipping to authorized retailers.
With a price of $295 / 388 €, the Apogee Groove combines a digital to analog converter to a headphone amp/monitor output so that you can listen your music on Mac and PC with high quality. The small size box features two volume controls and connects to your computer via USB.
- USB 2.0 connexion
- Mac and PC compatible
- ESS Sabre digital-to-analog audio converter
- Quad Sum DAC: 4 DAC per channel
- Max audio resolution: 24 bit / 192 kHz
- Max audio output: 225 mW at 30 Ohms / 40 mW at 600 Ohms
- Constant Current Drive technology that ensures a linear frequency response with all headphones
- Asynchronous clock circuit
- Multicolor LED for volume indication
- 1/8” headphone output
- USB powered
- Aluminum enclosure
- Dimensions: 95 x 30 x 16 mm
- Weight: 45 g
- Built in the USA
- Ships with a 30cm USB cable and a pouch
Full details are online at www.apogeedigital.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.