Yamaha & Steinberg Launch Nuage
Yamaha and Steinberg have introduced "Nuage", an integrated audio production system offering both hardware and software.
The system is designed for mixing, editing, or dialog replacement efficiency in audio post production applications. "Nuage" is French for "Cloud".
The Nuage system offers Yamaha control and interface hardware integrating with Steinberg Nuendo DAW software in a purpose-built system.
Nuage components communicate with each other and up to three DAWs via Dante networking. A low latency, PCIe Dante audio interface card (for Mac or PC) is designed to provide up to 128 simultaneous, bi-directional channels at 192kHz or 256 at up to 96kHz.
Nuage hardware is modular. Components include:
- Nuage Fader control surfaces: which align with the system's LCD monitor displays to provide visual continuity with the Nuendo mixing window.
- A Nuage Master control unit: featuring what's needed for Nuendo editing and session management.
- Nuage Workspace units: that can be used to integrate third party hardware and/or facility-specific custom options.
- Three Nuage I/O units: 16 analogue I/O,16 AES/EBU I/O or eight digital and eight analogue.
- A PCIe Dante Accelerator card: gives the computer running the Nuendo extra low latency and multi-channel audio data transfer capability with redundancy.
More details are available from Yamaha.
Viewers of this article also read...
- McDSP Classic Pack Special McDSP offers 40% off Classic Pack HD and Native as well as all Classic Pack upgrades from November 19-30.
- Notion Music Progression 2 Notion has announced the release of its latest composition software for guitar, bass and drums, Progression 2.0.
- Gestrument iPad Multitouch Instrument Developers Jesper Nordin and Jonatan Liljedahl have released a new app, Gestrument, that translates gestures into MIDI.