Agrandir
Audacity Audacity 2

All user reviews for the Audacity Audacity 2

Digital Audio Editor from Audacity .

Public price: free
( 4.7/5 based on 3 reviews )
2 reviews
  • Pierre C.Pierre C.

A must-have for beginners

Audacity Audacity 2Published on 08/19/13 at 14:56
    It couldn't be easier to install: You can download it from multiple "official" sites, click on it and that's it!
    The overall configuration is quite simple, although maybe a bit complicated for beginners ("what's a VSTi?," "you know Asio4all?"....)
    No incompatibilities.
    Under the Help tab there's a link to the manual.
    Oh, I almost forgot its SIMPLICITY and its INTUITIVE interface!

PERFORMANCE

It's amazing how this software works even on an Atari!
    I have no complaints. It's very stable.

No incompatibilities.
    Under the Help tab there's a link to the manual.
    Oh, I almost forgot its SIMPLICITY and its INTUITIVE interface!

PERFORMANCE

It's amazing how this software works even on an Atari!
    I have no complaints. It's very stable.

I think I've been using it for 8 years and it was my first software, which is important because the first one will always remain the first one, especially considering that it will make you feel like Trent Reznor after one hour of use. It took me some time to master it 100% (90% actually, because the effects are awful), but now people can't believe their ears! Listen for yourself! --
    EVERYTHING IS DONE WITH THIS FREE SOFTWARE! Not bad, huh? =)

After some time you'll obviously move on to the next model: I use music creator 5, which is much more comprehensive. However, I had a hard time in the beginning because Audacity is so intuitive that you can easily get lost with "bigger" software programs.

The pros: The price (oh yeah!), stability, some powerful editing tools (noise reduction, amp. the tool to view and correct distortion, the small crayon to modify curves, which is very handy when you messed up with the mic, and even the mono/stereo switch, etc.) and the easy-to-use interface!

The cons: Effects are pretty bad, it lacks MIDI support.
  • Bebs7Bebs7

Useful and effective

Audacity Audacity 2Published on 05/10/12 at 03:55
    Very easy installation. Use Ubuntu's software center.

PERFORMANCE

I tested it on Windows 7 64-bits and Ubuntu 64-bits on an HP Pavilion P6000.

I've been using it for several weeks to digitize my vinyls. The basic tasks are very easy to achieve: Record, stop, playback, export as MP3, etc. It was easy to understand right away what the buttons did by clicking here and there...
  • MGR/ctargiaMGR/ctargia

Audacity Audacity

Audacity Audacity 2Published on 05/11/10 at 15:00
    audacity.sourceforge.net

Open source audio editing software

Free software from sourceforge.net

First and foremost

ITS FREE!

Not free to try, not free but asks you to upgrade, free free.

audacity.sourceforge.net

Open source audio editing software

Free software from sourceforge.net

First and foremost

ITS FREE!

Not free to try, not free but asks you to upgrade, free free.

It is open-source and is developed by people who have a passion for this stuff, and will not cut corners to make a profit.You can do a lot with this free program, you can record, edit, trim, add effects, and remove noise, just to name a few things. One thing I find amazing for a free program is that you can speed up or slow down the speed of an audio clip without changing the pitch (Chipmunk effect). This is a very powerful program for one that is free. And best of all, it can run on almost ANY OS platform you may be running. Any version of windows, Mac OS, Linux, FreeBSD, you name it! It also can convert audio files to numerous formats, aiff, wav, mp3, ogg, etc.

It does not support higher level mixing and EQing functions you will find in software you need to pay for. It can%27t utilize midi, or do a lot of other things. But for free, you can't complain.

It is Open Source and its always being updated and improved.

It is free and there is no reason not to have this program. If you are really into recording and editing though, putting out some dough for a real multi-track editing suite is preferable.