New Roland Mixing and Monitoring System
Roland Systems Group has announced the RSS M-48 Live Personal Mixer and RSS S-4000D Splitter and Power Distributor, a monitoring solution for live performance and studio applications.
The M-48 offers control over 40 audio sources that can be managed in 16 assignable stereo groups. The playing experience is enhanced with level/pan/solo/3-band EQ on each group, high quality built-in reverb for a more appealing sound, ambient mic for better communication with band members as well as physical inputs and outputs for multiple headphones, wedges and powered monitors, interfacing with iPods, metronomes and external recording devices, according to Roland Systems Group.
Roland's Ethernet Audio Communication (REAC) Cat5e protocol is featued, designed for eliminating the need for wall wart power at each M-48. Power is supplied via the RSS S-4000D Splitter and Power Distributor, which can provide the digital audio stream and power to up to eight M-48s. Multiple S-4000D can be used in a configuration.
The M-48 Live Personal Mixer can be integrated with other digital or analog consoles using a choice of RSS Digital Snakes and included PC software for setup and control.
RSS M-48 Live Personal Mixer Key Features
- Personalization: The M-48 enables control of up to 40 audio channels via 16 stereo groups.
- Sound Control and Quality: Volume, pan, 3-band EQ and built-in reverb per group — adjustable via encoder knobs.
- Usability: The LED indicators on the control knobs are designed to enable adjustment and visual confirmation. The built-in ambient mic is designed to aid in communicating with other musicians without having to remove your in-ear monitors or headphones as well as enabling a stage/room feel if desired.
- Convenient Connectivity: The REAC Embedded Power via the S-4000D transfers both power and 40 channels of audio to the M-48 via a single CAT5e cable — designed to simplify wiring and stage layouts.
Personal Mixing is one of the four components in the V-Mixing System line-up, which also includes Digital Snakes, Digital Consoles and Recording.
For more information see this page.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Lexicon Updates PCM96 to v18.104.22.168 Lexicon has announced that the PCM96 and PCM96 Surround software for Mac OS X has been updated to v22.214.171.124.
- [NAMM] AEA RPQ Ribbon Pre The RPQ with Curve Shaping and P48 power has 80 dB of JFET gain, P48 phantom power for active studio ribbons such as AEA’s
- [NAMM] Empirical Labs EL9 Mike-E Empirical Labs unveiled a new unit called EL9 "Mike-E", a digitally-controlled Microphone Preamplifier with features designed to warm and soften the source, along with a compressor/limiter.