Yamaha AW4416
pmaillot pmaillot
Published on 02/23/13 at 06:13
In terms of features, I say "good" because this table is now almost a tool "vintage". However, with its processing capacity and the quality of the electronic component, I still use and am very pleased with what we do with models for the group.
Ago as a heat catches her with this table that I can not find with others.

Manual, the dictionary rather, is quite heavy. and it needs to be regularly plunge to really use all the possibilities. But this is true with any workstation (if there is a manual!).

The basic config is relatively simple, the functions are pretty clear once you got it right mode of operation.

Converters are not always transparent, and I'm against card! However, they are an excellent bill and offer very good dynamic ... and that is what counts. The effects are largely quite numerous and very effective.

Quality side, despite his advanced age this table / DAW Plair made a lot of its competitors later by its quality and possibilities.

I use it for 10 years, and I bought a studio ACCAS Japanese upgradait his gear, result: very happy, even if at first the idea of ​​having a transformer 220v-> 100v bothered me .

Now there are serious limitations compared to that of the newest gear will offer ... no USB / firewire, integration with DAW PC world does not exist, the only possibility of transfer: SCSI CDrom .... fragile and almost impossible to find now, and I'm on my third writer!

I would do this choice: Yes, but only if I go back 10 years and so 10 years younger! :)