Zoom LiveTrak L-20

All user reviews for the Zoom LiveTrak L-20

Digital Multrack-studio from Zoom belonging to the LiveTrak series.

Audience: Advanced users Value For Money : Excellent
  • ShakingtheraftersShakingtherafters

Great live board with high quality recording capability

Zoom LiveTrak L-20Published on 09/02/20 at 18:05
    I have a small live recording studio and needed to upgrade from my reliable Mackie analog board connected to a Focusrite FireWire computer interface. I reviewed several similarly priced products and selected the L-20. I have found it to be a easily configurable live board with 6 easily modified monitor outs and very good sounding main outs. I typically record 6 to 10 mono channels on to the SD card. I am the guitarists and vocalists and also the recording engineer. Getting correct level set was a challenge. Having the recording interface closer made getting input levels easier.
    Pros
    16 combo XLR/1/4” inputs with decent preamps and easily configured effects
    6 easily customized personal…
    Pros
    16 combo XLR/1/4” inputs with decent preamps and easily configured effects
    6 easily customized personal monitor outs
    Small footprint...easily rack mountable
    Programmable ‘scenes’ allow for quick setup.

Cons
    Fairly steep learning curve
    It’s easy to not set the inputs faders to the desired levels if a previous setting has been used

I feel that the Zoom L-20 is a great value and have produced mixes that equal those obtained using my traditional computer interface.