[NAMM] New Nord Electro 5 series
The 5th generation of the Clavia Nord Electro digital live keyboards will be officially introduced on Thursday in Anaheim at NAMM 2015.
The Nord Electro 5 series will feature three keyboards: the 5D 61 and 73, with respectively 61 (C to C) and 73-note (E to E) waterfall semi-weighted keybeds and physical drawbars for the organ section, and the 5 HP 73 with a 73-note Hammer Action Portable keybed (E to E) with Nord Electronic LED drawbars.
All the sections of the new live keyboards have been reworked, here’s what you’ll find:
- Split and Layers functions: piano/organ, piano/sample and sample/organ
- 1GB of memory for the Nord Piano Library
- 256 MB of memory for the Nord Sample Library
- Larger OLED screen
- 6 split points with LED indicators
- Reworked Program section with a Set List feature
- Sympathetic string resonance for the piano section
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with attack, release and dynamic controls
- Pipe organ modeling
- B3 Tone Wheel Bass
- Leslie 122 rotary speaker simulation from the Nord C22D
- Can receive a switch to control a rotary speaker (on 5D 61/73 models)
- All the effects are now stereo
- Tube overdrive simulation
- Vibe effect
- Separate delay and reverb effects
- Ability to control tremolo, pan, ring modulation and wah-wah from a pedal
The three Nord Electro 5 keyboards will start shipping in April, 2015. Pricing is TBA. Visit www.nordkeyboards.com for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Kurzweil extends its K-Sound contest If you did not have the time to finish your video for the K-Sound contest, Kurzweil gives you one more month to do it.
- Kurzweil introduces the Artis 7 Kurzweil unveils the successor the Artis keyboard, the Artist 7 stage piano equipped with a Fatar keybed and shipping with a software editor.
- Kurzweil launched the K-Sound Contest Kurzweil invites musicians to the K-Sound Contest that will reward three lucky winners with keyboards.