Stanton introduce a whole new laptop mixing system for DJ - the Stanton Control System (or SCS). The first piece of the SCS is the SCS.1m, a mixer control surface with built-in FireWire audio interface, assignable encoders, and two-way software control.
Designed in an intuitive DJ mixer format, the SCS.1m features four channel strips with faders, EQ controls, and precision metering, as well as a crossfader, and a Cue / Monitoring section. The surface layout has been designed so that any experienced DJ can simply step up and begin basic mixing within seconds.
The SCS.1m controls your DJ software and sends/receives audio to Mac or PC via its onboard FireWire connection. The FireWire connection ensures a low latency (delay) of 1.5ms and high sampling rates (sound quality) of up to 24 bit / 96 kHz.
The SCS.1m also boasts four rotary encoders (“virtual knobs”) with LED rings and corresponding LCD “scribble strips”. These encoders are fully assignable, so they can be mapped directly into functions in the DJ software while providing visual feedback of knob position, and the LCD scribble strips confirm the software parameter being adjusted by each encoder. Assignments for these encoders can be saved as presets for recall.
The SC System provides DJs with the ability to connect a “real” turntable or CD player into their Macs or PCs via a switchable Aux input.
Stanton Control System is compatible with Traktor Studio, Mixvibes, Ableton Live and Deckadance, and can be used whin any MIDI-controllable software using MIDI controller assignements.
SCS.1m features :
- Familiar 4-channel design with intuitive metering.
- Assignable Encoder section with 360° of LED feedback.
- LCD “scribble strips” for two-way communication with selected DJ software.
- Easy controller mapping into popular DJ and VJ software.
- Navigation section for remote browsing through playlists.
- Mic and Phono / Line input for sampling, archiving vinyl, and remixing.
- Built-in FireWire connections with full Mac and Windows compatibility.
- Can work as a standalone mix controller, or in combination with SCS.1d deck.
- Balanced TRS output for mains; RCA booth output and 1/4˝ headphones output.
- Footswitch input enabling hands-free control of software parameters
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.
- [NAMM] Rane MP2014 DJ mixer After launching the MP2015 4-channel DJ mixer last year, Rane introduces a 2-channel version, the MP2014.