(Originally written by DjNos/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
I've been using it for two months.
- I like:
* the most: accuracy of the sensitive joggle / the quality in ASIO mode
* the least: pitch fader (too soft and without 0% tap).
- Gear I tested before:
* Hercules DJ-console, first generation: a toy! Not accurate, plastic knobs, high latency, 2 breakdowns in 2 years, too small, etc. Only advantage: very comprehensive connections, perfect for multimedia applications.
- Based on my experience, I would buy them again. I had been looking for something like this ever since the first Dj-Console came out and disappointed me... I use them with a SMAC PRO 40. It's a great setup to get an authentic mixing feel.
(Originally written by Gabiche/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
I don't own this product but I used it a while with Traktor on a Macintosh.
The controller has a slick look and it is very compact yet all functions are easily accessible.
I didn't have any handling problems in spite of my thick fingers.
The pros: small price, compatibility with lots of software, sound card and overall quality (in spite of the plastic look).
Another advantage is the possibility to mix and use the controller as an interface with a virtual turntable. In this case it has the same function as a CD player or a turntable.
Simply connect the EKS to the PC and connect the CD player and the turntable into the line inputs of the controller.
The pitch is big enough but it doesn't feel as strong as the one on the Technics SL-12*0 for example.
The jog wheel is big enough and also good quality, but I think it is too close to the gray scratch control and the pitch bend control.
It can lead to unwanted mistakes if you don't get used to the software.
Generally speaking it's a very good controller in spite of its weaknesses which just require some time to adapt.
I sincerely recommend this controller.
EKS: TO AVOID ABSOLUTELY!
If the material is not bad, the company EKS offers no specific drivers or making it all work. Only solution for example PC is having a re-install Windows XP and this time the simultaneous use of two XP5 are rowing in the computer possible, even with a last generation config. The use of USB ports is not optimized configuration XP5 requires an advanced degree at MIT ...
Height of all, just read the forums of the web to understand that in addition to not give anything to its customers EKS does not deign to respond to complaints and requests for assistance.
Lamentable and most perfect example of what not or do not buy.
1 people did not find this review helpful
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
chris m.berger's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- How long have you use it?
over a year
- What is the particular feature you like best and least?
most: the possibility to mix normally without using any aid
minimum: the weight can be
- Have you tried many other models before acqurir?
1200MK2 of long ago and then the mixer hercules and stew Behringer (BCD2000), and 400.800 of cdj 1000
- How do you report qualitprix?
- With the exprience, you do again this choice? ...
yes and yes again