Reloop Terminal Mix 2 Available
Reloop announces that the Terminal Mix 2 is now available.
Terminal Mix 2 disposes of an integrated 2-channel mixer that features 3-fold EQ with intelligent kill technique*, gain and filter modulation per channel. The crossfader curve can be adjusted on the device's front side.
In addition to the Trax Encoder, the master section is now equipped with four management buttons which allow access to playlists, crates or further layout views without the need to touch your laptop. This means a desired track can be located and loaded into a deck via the designated load buttons - a fader start* function can also be activated if desired.
Reloop has developed new flat aluminium jog platters which with a diameter of 15.5 cm have feature a non-slip vinyl-grip coating. With a total of 3 modes (Pitch Bend/Vinyl/Quick Search) it's possible to easily switch between pitch correcting, scratching, or browsing through tracks on the fly.
The transport section is equipped with rubberised buttons. The performance section* features an 8-button layout which can be utilised over 2 separate layers. On the first layer 4 hot cues can be fired off and 4 sample decks can be triggered simultaneously. Depending on the software used, other creative possibilities are available, for example the option of accessing hot cues/samples 5-8 on the second layer - or with future software updates this section can be enhanced with new performance modes (Cut'n'Slice) for live remixing.
The FX section is equipped with 4 buttons, 3 rotary knobs, and 1 endless encoder. The smart loop section also features 4 independent controls allowing users to set loops, adjust the size of the loops and even move the loops whilst in a live situation.
Reloop also integrated a 14 bit pitch fader with 100mm increments.
The audio section offers various connecting possibilities for your master PA (including balanced output jacks), a zone function and a DJ booth system. Included are 2 headphones connections (6.3 mm & 3.5 mm) which can be adjusted with a 1-band equalizer. A microphone connection with a 1-fold EQ for MCs, hosts or singers has also been integrated and can be adjusted via a flexible routing switching system. Furthermore, it's possible to connect a turntable, CD/MP3 player, or iPhone/iPod to the Aux input which can be routed to the master or even software.
*Some features are only available with a software Pro version.
- 2-deck Serato DJ performance controller
- Integrated 4-channel USB audio club interface
- Connect your computer and mix your MP3s
- Designed for Serato
- Transport section with rubber buttons
- Flat XXL jog wheels with vinyl-grip surface
- Mixer/CD player
- 2-channel club mixer design with designated filter knobs and fader start
- Deck switch buttons for controlling of up to 4 decks
- Crossfader curve & assign switches on the front
- 14 bit 100mm pitch fader with range and keylock functions
- Mouse-less playlist management control
- Controls for effects, smart looping, hot cues and sampler
- Performance section prepared for individual live remixing updates (Cut'n'Slice)
- Stereo RCA input (with phono pre-amp) for hooking up a CD player or turntable with flexible routing control (into the software or to master)
- 6.3 mm microphone input jack with volume and equalizer control
- Balanced 6,3mm jack outputs or unbalanced stereo RCA outputs
- Stereo RCA booth outputs for extra DJ monitors
- 2 headphones connections: 3.5 mm & 6.3 mm stereo including equalizer control
- Shift buttons for second layer controls including shift lock feature
- Altogether 90 MIDI controllers (56 buttons, 5 faders, 6 turn & push encoders, 21 turning knobs, 2 touch-sensitive jog wheels)
- Controller is compatible with every MIDI-learning software
- USB bus powered: Terminal Mix 2 can be powered via USB only (power supply optional)
- Anti-theft device: Kensington safety slot
- CORE/ASIO drivers (Mac/PC)
- Mac OSX and Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible
- 4-deck mapping available for Traktor PRO 2 (incl. sample deck control)
Check out Reloop DJ for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- The top budget CD decks for DJs Even if DJs are turning more and more towards immaterial formats nowadays, it's still useful to keep a good old CD player lying around, one that can play back normal Red Book CDs as well as those stacked with compressed files. There are different models for around $500. We asked the global Audiofanzine community which ones are their favorites, so without further adieu, here are the best CD decks for DJ according to you!
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.