The second piece of Stanton's new Control System product line is the SCS.1d, a deck control surface for the mobile DJs with a 10" motorized platter and assignable encoders and trigger pads.
The design of the SCS.1d has been based upon the layout of the C.304 tabletop DJ CD player, as well as extensive input from DJs.
The SCS.1d offers a high-torque 10” motorized platter, transport controls, navigation keys, rotary encoders, a motorized pitch slider, and a trigger section. It ships with a real vinyl disc to provide a natural feel out of the box. Unlike the SCS.1m Mix Controller, the SCS.1d Deck does not offer any direct audio connectivity; all audio I/O remains at the mixer or external soundcard.
Central to the SCS.1d is an enhanced version of the motorized platter from the Stanton T.120 and STR8–150 turntables. This is a 4.5 Kgf-com, 16-pole, 3-phase brushless DC motor. The motor can also be adjusted to simulate the feel of both super high-torque motors and commonly used low-torque designs.
Much like the SCS.1m, the SCS.1d Deck features four assignable rotary encoders with LED rings to control various aspects of your software. Underneath each encoder is an LCD “scribble strip” to let you know what parameter you’re tweaking instantly. Each knob has six control presets for recall. The SCS.1d’s Navigation section include a jog wheel and Deck selection, which banks between different global settings.
The pitch slider on the SCS.1d is 100mm long and also motorized, allowing you to recall the pitch settings.
Directly underneath the SCS.1d’s motorized platter is its assignable trigger section. Comprised of four velocity-sensitive pads, this section can be used to play loops and samples during performance, or for triggering any other MIDI messages to your software.
Stanton Control System is compatible with Traktor Studio, Mixvibes, Ableton Live and Deckadance, and can be used whin any MIDI-controllable software using MIDI controller assignements.
SCS.1d features :
- Adjustable high-torque 10” motorized platter with vinyl surface.
- 100mm motorized pitch fader with recall for sync with software.
- Velocity-sensitive pads assignable to loops, cue points, etc.
- Assignable encoder section with 360° of LED feedback.
- LCD “scribble strips” for two-way communication with selected software.
- Tansport section for direct music control.
- Controls multiple virtual decks for multi-channel mixes.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.
- [NAMM] Rane MP2014 DJ mixer After launching the MP2015 4-channel DJ mixer last year, Rane introduces a 2-channel version, the MP2014.