[NAMM] Recording King roasts its guitars
Recording King will introduce tomorrow at Summer NAMM 2014 its first guitar that uses torrefied wood.
The RP1-16C is an acoustic guitar which top is made of torrefied Adirondack spruce. Torrefaction is a low-temperature heating process performed in an oxygen-free environment. Its allows for reducing impurities and weight of the wood as well as expanding its resonance. The RP1-16C is the first instrument to benefit from this process at Recording King, with more guitars expected soon.
Specifications of the RP1-16C:
- Dreadnought 0 cutaway acoustic guitar
- Torrefied solid Adirondack spruce
- Mahogany back and sides
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Sitka Spruce X scalloped bracing
- Mahogany neck with V shape and Dovetail joint at the 12th fret
- Rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets and Dot inlays
- Nut width: 1.75”
- Scale length: 25.4”
- Grover Butterbean tuners
- Pyramid-shape Ebony bridge
- Natural Gloss finish
US street price of this RP1-16C is $499.99. Visit www.recordingking.com for further details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!