Vic Firth American Classic Hickory Rock

(1 reviews)
(1 review)
  • BGuginoBGugino

Vic Firth American Classic Hickory RockPublished on 08/29/08 at 07:59
    Overall, I was not impressed with the Vic Firth “Rock” stick. I picked it up when I was younger for the purpose that Vic Firth wanted me to, it said “Rock”. Really, I feel that they’re just selling the name. It wasn’t a totally bad stick because like everything, it has it pros and it’s cons. I’m willing to share all.

I’ll start off with the pros of the Vic Firth “Rock” stick. When I first got them, the first thing that I noticed was the tip, of the stick. It was Vic Firth’s “bead” style tip. Different than the typical Vic Firth 5A or 5B, the tip was more of an oval shape, getting even tones out of anywhere you hit with it. Also, being that it was an oval, it would get great response and rebound. Very “tight” and sharp attack that enables you to get very fast and crisp double stroke rolls. The last thing that I really liked about this stick was the fact that it was made from hickory. It is a very strong stick, which in the long run, is really what you’re looking for.

Now on to the cons of this stick. From experience, these sticks are way too heavy to play anything with any style. And yes, they are just meant for “Rock” but still, they could be a little bit more versatile. The next thing that I didn’t like was the very short “neck”. What the neck of the stick is, is the length of where it starts to get thinner at the top of the stick. I don’t know why they did it, but it’s just about the shortest neck that I have ever seen on a stick. Having a short neck makes it a little harder to get up to faster speeds because the natural rebound of the stick is being messed with.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)