< Tous les avis Focusrite Liquid Mix
Focusrite Liquid Mix

DSP Board from Focusrite belonging to the Liquid series

philmarie philmarie
Published on 01/29/07 at 03:17
Able to have dynamic and EQ processing without ruin me or ruin my CPU ... With the reputation of the Liquid Channel, Focusrite could not really miss about this product.
I use it in mix of artistic production, on all sorts of instruments and the quality is by appointment. This inexplicable feeling of well-being, as when the hardware goes through in good order.
That is what seriously unreasonable delay some expenditures (Distressor, Manley SLAM, Avalon, Teletronix ...)
Compared to the devices I have (TL Audio Joemeek) mix the liquid leaves me frankly think that the other compressors and EQ are rendered accurately.

The installation is very simple. No problemo. It was after that it gets complicated ... As stated on the site Focusrite, solicitation Firewire bandwidth is such that the use of a dedicated PCI slot is required. So an additional Firewire card is to be expected. On my computer (Intel Pentium IV 2.8 GHz, 1GB RAM), even in Standard PC mode, it seems impossible to combine two cards yet Firewire appropriate (VIA and IT). Fortunately, as I have a second PC for FX Teleport, so I use it via the internal network and there, bathed. But I really sweated to find a suitable solution.
For some, it works right away and good for them. For others, and they seem much more likely, the machine could disappoint ...

GETTING STARTED

To date, the last driver (1.5.5) seems to fit perfectly to use on a PC. The people at Focusrite are not funny and that's good because their intervention is useful in cases of various incompatibilities. As long as it lasts. A new firmware solve these problems there?
On Cubase SX3, I tried to overload the machine by earning the tracks processed by the liquid mix (via FX Teleport, of course). I fell asleep before. No worries on that side, at 44.1 kHz and 32 compressors and EQ are there.

From the perspective of its actual use, the GUI is very nice even if the real plus is being able to set your EQ cuts and eyes closed. What up!
A formidable machine. At this price, it is a real gift to be able to afford such a pannel of sound processing usually priceless. It remains to see if your system will accept it and there mystery.