Crest Audio Ships The CC 5500
Crest Audio is shipping its new CC 5500.
Based on the Pro 200 Series technology and utilizing a linear power supply, the CC 5500 delivers 5,500 watts for main systems, monitors and subwoofers.
According to Crest, all CC Series amplifiers are built with tunnel-cooled heat sinks, variable-speed DC fans and protection circuitry for efficiency into difficult loads and power conditions. The CC 5500 has many power devices (16 per channel), plus a switched-rail class H output stage and triple-compound design to provide low distortion and thermal stability.
- 5,500 watts into 4 ohms in Bridged Mono mode
- 2,750 watts per channel into 2 ohms
- 1,800 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- 1,150 watts per channel into 8 ohms
- Temperature control via two back-to-front, variable-speed DC fans
- Combination XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs
- Binding posts and Speakon® outputs
- ACL, signal, active and temp LED indicators
- 47 lbs.
The CC 5500 is available now from authorized Crest Audio dealers, the company says.
No pricing info though.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Peavey PV 118D Designed to complement the PV family of enclosures, this ported subwoofer utilizes an 18" Pro Rider woofer with Kevlar/carbon-fiber cone and field-replaceable basket, flat-wound 4" voice coil and cast-frame basket.
- Dynacord CXM 15 Dynacord presents the new CXM 15, described as "a compact, light-weight, high-performance monitor for demanding applications."
- NTI RT Microphone NTI has introduced the new microphone test system RT-Microphone, a solution for quality control of microphones in production.