Nady SP-1
ericthegreat ericthegreat

« very cheap, ok sound »

Published on 11/01/11 at 22:56
I needed a mic and boom stand to use for my acoustic guitar in our Praise Band so I was pleased to find this package deal. I wasn't expecting great things for such a bargain price; however, I was really surprised when I tried it out! The Nady SP1 Microphone does an awesome job of picking up my acoustic guitar and the stand and boom is compact yet sturdy and not flimsy at all. The package included a mic clip and 20' mic cable too which was exactly what I needed.

perfect mic for recording almost anything. i bought two of these sets for recording my drum set and they pic of everything crystal clear. i bought two "Musicians Gear Microphone Windscreen"s and put those on the microphones.

I hardly ever use the Nady, its very rough sounding and sounds muffled, it takes a lot of fiddling with a EQ for it to sound decent. Some good things about this package is, the stand, it's a nice telescoping boom stand that alone usually costs about $25. This is great for musicians on a budget, although It would be a good idea to upgrade. The cable went out within a few months and grill on the mic is starting to break. The material feels like it's good but it breaks down pretty fast. As far as reliability this is a very reliable mic... for a few a years. I'd say this is good for little kids, beginning bands\musicians, or a backup mic. I was very happy with the price, kinda sad to see how it breaks down though. To sum it up, if you are looking for an extremely cheap mic package this is pretty much the cheapest you will find. But don't expect it to deliver or last a long time. If you need a mic fast for cheap this is the one to choose, but you will need to upgrade before to long.