Shure PG58
Publié le 02/11/09 à 19:36
The Shure PG58 is a dynamic microphone used by most in a live setting. It is probably used by most for vocals as it has a grill to protect it and also has an on/off switch. This is on the lower end of Shure's microphones and I wouldn't recommend ever using this to record with, as it is not built well enough to sound good when recorded.

I've been using these as practice mics for years as a cheap option that I can run to a PA when having band practice. While they aren't the best sounding mics, they are cheap so I don't worry about breaking them if I need to bring them around. I use them so I can protect some of my better recording microphones when I need a mic to bring to a show or to practice with for live vocals. I have only used these for vocals so I don't know what they would sound like on other instruments, but the grill on the mic makes it clear that its intended use is for vocals. If you are looking for a really nice sounding live or recording mic, this is not your mic. If you need a few cheap mics that you won't have to worry about if it breaks, this is your mic. If you want a nice live mic get a Shure SM58 as it sounds better and is built better. I've never recorded with these mics, as I definitley wouldn't recommend it as they don't sound all that good. Overall, I like these as a dirt cheap microphones that I can use for casual uses so I don't have to endanger my more expensive mics, beyond use like this, I wouldn't recommend using them for much more as they aren't built for it and they are certainly not built for recording.