Sire Marcus Miller V7 4ST (Ash)

All user reviews for the Sire Marcus Miller V7 4ST (Ash)

Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Excellent
  • Marcus Miller, you really are a good man!

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4ST (Ash)Published on 01/01/16 at 15:32
    I can't believe my eyes, or hands, or ears! The major instrument manufacturers had better reconsider their approach - and prices.

I received this Marcus Miller/Sire bass (maple neck) a few days ago, thinking I'd have to get it adjusted, customized...
    Well, there'll be no need for either: this bass is perfect and was even shipped perfectly adjusted and almost tuned.

The wood is awesome, the neck is perfect with relatively low strings that don't sizzle, very good tuners and a beautiful, sturdy bridge with two possibilities as to how to install the strings (on the bridge or through the body).

the white paint is slightly transparent, leaving the veins of the wood apparent - it's quite original but I like that.

It's really nice to play (finger and slap), very reactive, you don't have to do too much to immediately get a good sound, and it allows all kinds of styles thanks to its surprising and versatile electronics.
    Pickups are really good, I won't switch for DiMarzios or Seymour Duncans, I don't want to change anything.

Its 9.5 lbs weight is quite bearable for long playing hours standing (swamp ash model with maple neck).

Yet, I already have a 1966 Fender Jazz Bass (I had the frets removed Pasto-style long years ago ans I keep it more for emotional reasons than anything else), I sold a (too heavy) '77 JB last year, I own an Ibanez Premium SR 1200...
    But...
    Now, I know this Marcus Miller is the one bass that'll come with me everywhere, it really looks great and perfectly meets my musical expectations.
    As for its price... I still can't believe it.

I'm very satisfied and happy, thank you Marcus Miller, you really are a good man ;-)